Book Cover Designer
You love design. You love books.
You'd like to work with a team of book professionals to create awesome book covers.
We are a growing editorial and publishing services company, seeking a professional book cover designer. The book topics are primarily non-fiction, including business, health/wellness and other genres.
You have a keen design eye and can create stunning covers that attract readers, while conveying an author's brand and message.
In this position, you will be able to:
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions as needed
- Create visually appealing design concepts
- Follow and/or evolve brand style guidelines
- Revise designs based on clients' feedback
- Deliver on tight deadlines
- At least 2 years' experience creating book cover designs
- Experience designing book interior pages
- Experience designing for various formats,including hard cover, soft cover and ebooks
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Understanding of print production and pre-press artwork
- Understanding of book design processes and production schedules
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Creative, adaptable, and easy to work with
This is an Independent Contractor position that provides a consistent flow of projects, with a future capacity for leadership. Communication takes place by email and video meetings. This virtual position allows you to work from your home office with your Adobe software.