Photo credits: RocketReach
I recently had the pleasure of working with Jack Canfield, one of the top bestselling authors of all time. Canfield is a co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul, which turned into an international franchise, with more than 2,000 titles.
One of our authors invited me to join him in a workshop with Canfield. The online training offered amazing strategies for writing and publishing. I’d like to share 9 highlights for book marketing with you.
- Spend as much energy on writing and publishing your book as you do marketing it.
- You are the best sales and marketing person for your book. No publisher can replace you.
- Come up with 1,000 ways to market your book.
- Schedule 30 minutes a day for marketing activities.
- Do 5 things a day.
- Spend 1.5 years marketing your book every day.
- Focus on reaching niche audiences for your topic.
- Create a movement through your books.
- Build a structure for growth for your tribe.
Canfield shared that only by doing marketing activities every day, his book became a bestseller—one year after publication.
Photo credits: Amazon
Canfield also shared his writing secrets. As with marketing, his writing habits comprise daily action.
I was inspired by Canfield’s secrets. Writing and publishing a book consists of many small steps, taken daily.
If you would like support in turning your idea into a bestselling book, I’d love to chat.
Jack Canfield was once a nobody. Yet, he’s inspired millions of people through his books and book habits.
You can too. Let’s talk.